What's a Favicon? Open up your browser to your website or blog, look to the left of the url. There's a little picture to the left of your website url, that's a favicon. It's a small detail that can be overlooked, yet so easy to create.
Here is a great site that explains how to create your own Favicon in more detail.
For Typepad bloggers to replace the Lilypad logo:
- Create your favicon [16 px] either with the generator above or with your own image program.
- Save the file with .jpg extension
- Use Irfanview to open your .jpg file and then save it as an .ico file.
- Rename your .ico file to favicon.ico – not FAVICON.ICO, not Favicon.ico, not FaViCoN.iCo, but favicon.ico
- On Typepad's Dashboard go to Library>File Manager
- Upload the favicon.ico image to your blog's File Manager.
- Open up your blog and the url now has the icon.
If you don't 'do' your own website, then ask the designer who creates your logo to remember the fav-icon.