You have a body of work that calls you to center stage.
You have skills, talents, gifts and capacities.
Caroline Myss, in her book “Anatomy of the Spirit,” describes the world behind our eyes is as important and the world in front of our eyes. I call this place the path of the Practical Mystic.
I was born and raised in rural farming community in southern New Jersey, surrounded by the spirits of nature. Growing up on lakes, rivers and spring-fed ponds- water and nature- is sacred to me. Daughter of the American Revolution my ancestors date back to 1683. Today I live in Vero Beach, Florida, married to my college sweetheart, leading a normal life in an extraordinary world. Together we raised a beautiful daughter.
In the early 90’s, I woke up to my intuitive abilities- spiritual gifts of the practical mystic. I re-membered how to be multi-sensory where guidance comes through colors and symbols- energies that I saw and “knew” as a small child but shared with no one.
As an interior designer I used these symbols, images and colors to create spaces for clients. Starting my own business at the tender age of 25. At the time I entered a design competition telling my mother “I am going to win.” I knew from some deep place that it was so (and did). There were other glimpses into this reality when I would just “know” something about a person or place, but I didn’t recognize intuition or understand the process so the talent virtually unnoticed by me. I was very practical.
Soul Loss and Soul Retrieval
After the birth of our daughter, my intuition blossomed through an intense inner healing process.
Remembering the childhood Near Death Experience at three; of going over to the other side and sitting with Jesus while the trauma happened rocked my world. The practical Michele had to step aside for the new me to be born.
Of not wanting to come back to this Earth plane and feeling really angry he sent me back. Memories flooded back. Entering this dark time, I was frustrated with the professionals who did not understand the psycho-spiritual changes that were rapidly manifesting in my body, mind and spirit. Fortunately, I followed that still small voice within and found the right path- conventional and non-conventional- that showed me a way through.
In the early 90’s very little was written on how to develop and use these intuitive gifts, yet alone how to interpret their messages. My path led me back into the creative healing arts for spiritual contemplation together with alchemical work such as breathwork, dream interpretation, rebirthing, shamanism and more – each process offering up a piece of the puzzle which formed a picture, one that I embody for myself and share with my clients and students today.
1994 – Present. Artist. Teacher. Mentor. I help you love your “weirdness” while holding space so you can cross the threshold of your genius. Working with clients and students both in a group or on an individual basis. Facilitating creative workshops that nurture spiritual self-development in women.
1981-1992 Entrepreneur from the age of twenty-five as owner and President of Bailey-Lessirard Designs/MLDA- an interior design and architectural firm of Fort Lauderdale, Florida and BLD Purchasing- a contract purchasing of furniture, fixtures and equipment for hospitality industry. During this time, I achieved an outstanding reputation as a leader in the restaurant and hospitality markets through my marketing and design skills. Major accomplishments included 22 restaurants; flagship hotels for Holiday Inn and Hilton Hotels and life care design for the elderly through Life Care Services, a specialist in retirement living facilities. One clients shared:
“Michele, you still do interiors but in a different way.” *smile*
I am a past President of the Broward County Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO). Former member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), Institute of Business Designers (IBD) and the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS).
*Lineage is the thing that brought you to today. It’s the body of work that becomes the container for your Great Work in the world. I thank my mentor Fabeku Fatunmise, shaman, alchemist, wizard who’s helped me course correct.
- Appointed to the State of Florida Governor’s Conference on Small Business.
- Appointed to the City of Plantation Landscape Planning and Review Board.
- Appointed National Board Rep for New Product Development. Fortune 500 companies of General Tire/Essex Wall Covering Division and Color Roll Contract Design Book for BF Goodrich.
- South Florida Interior Design Gild Award for Crawdaddy’s Restaurant.
- MLDA, Inc. firm rated in the Top 100 Interior Design Firms for Restaurant and Hospitality, Interior Design Magazine.
- Restaurant Hospitality Magazine’s Interior Design Award for David’s Plum Restaurant.
- Michele Lessirard Design Associates rated in the Top 25 Commercial Interior Design Firms by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Inducted into the Broward County Woman’s Hall of Fame for her efforts as President of NAWBO of Broward County.
- Nominated for the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale Alumni Hall of Fame Award.
- Ordained Minister through Universal Brotherhood, Inc.
- Certified Member of National Society of Hypnotherapists (NSH).
- Society for Shamanic Practitioners-founding member
- BA Transpersonal Psychology, Burlington College, Vermont.
- AS Interior Design, Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale.
- Transpersonal Studies through Soul Studies Institute for MA degree
- SoulCollage® Facilitator Training with Seena Frost
- Making Death Your Ally- a shamanic approach to Death with Robert Moss
- DreamGates– shamanic training in dream work with Robert Moss
- Spiritual Alchemist Training with Caroline Myss, Ph.D.
- 5-Day Feng Shui Mastery Training with Jami Lin. Where I suddenly discovered I know how to read a blueprint like a Tarot deck of cards.
- Barbara Brennan School of Healing- five 5-day training sessions.
- Barbara Brennan Healing Sciences Weekend Workshop, Boca Raton
- 1996-2006 Weekly astrology training with Master Astrologer Brenda Brush, a gifted storyteller.
- 1997-2004 Demetria George Asteroid Goddess Intensives
- Florida Atlantic University– Women’s Studies
- Facilitated Shamanic Breathwork sessions with Wendy Limber, LMFT, Director of Solutions Center for Personal Growth from 1994-1998.
With Sandra Ingerman
- Graduate of Sandra’s East Coast Two-Year Shamanic Teacher Training program
- Five-Day Soul Retrieval Training -Mending the Fragmented Soul
- Graduate of Foundation for Shamanic Studies 3- year training program in Advanced Shamanism and Shamanic Healing
- Medicine for the Earth with Sandra Ingerman, MA attended these Five-day gatherings:
- Medicine for the Earth June 2001 and 5-Day Teacher’s Training August 2002
- Healing with Spiritual Light Reunion March 2003, March 2004, March 2006, 2011
- Presenter at Medicine for the Earth Reunion March 2006
With Betsy Bergstrom
- Shamanic Middle-world Training
- Heart Centered Depossession, Curse Unraveling and Space Clearing
- Basic Training September 2005
- Five day Intensives Advanced Skills February 2006 and March 2009
With the Foundation for Shamanic Studies
- 3-Year Training in Advanced Initiations in Shamanism and Shamanic Healing
- 14-Day Intensive Advance Shamanic Training
- Harner Method® Shamanic Counseling Certification
- 5-Day Soul Retrieval Training
- The Way of the Shaman Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing known as the Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism (3 times) *
- 3-Day Shamanic Training
- Shamanism Extraction Healing
- Shamanism and the Spirits of Nature
- Shamanic Divination
- Shamanism Dying, and Beyond*
*Michele sponsored the Basic Workshop, Divination and the Death, Dying and Beyond Training’s for FSS Faculty teacher in South Florida.
- Barbara Sher’s-WriteSpeak Program and Wishcraft Training.
- Suzanne Evans Coaching 10K Mastermind
- Kendall SummerHawk- Millionaire Mindset Marketing Coach
- Money, Marketing and Soul Intensive, Tucson AZ
- Money Archetypes exploring your Money Story
- Branding with Archetypes Workshop
- Certified Money Breakthrough Method Coach
- Elizabeth Purvis 2011 Mastermind Group. Goddess Business School
- Multiple Streams of Coaching Income-the Pink Spoon Method with Andrea J Lee
- Blog2Book Marketing and Build a Better Blog with Denise Wakeman
- Podcast Training with Leesa Barnes
- Andy Wibbels- BlogWild workshops
- Get Known Now Mastermind group with Pamela Slim and Suzanne Falter-Barnes
- 1:1 Mentoring with Sheri Gaynor- author of Creative Awakenings
- Past Member of Society for Marketing Professional Services 1985-1993
Eupsychia Institute with Jacqueline Small
- Embodying Spirit Breathwork and 3-day Conference
- 1993-1997 Alchemical Training in Soul Based Psychology
- 1993- 1999 Initiate Christ Path Mystery School
Continuing Ed Florida Interior Designer’s license:
- Enhancing Design Quality with Concept Sketches with architect Tim White.
- Feng Shui Home & Garden Design with Joy Dorst
- Florida Uniform Building Codes / Building-Fire – CORE through FSU
- Advance Courses for Indoor Environmental Quality
- Building and Barrier-Free Codes with Connie Dyar
- Founding Member of Society for Shamanic Practitioners
- Dreamwork gatherings with author Joan Mazza, MS, my dream journeys are published in her books
- Certified in hypnosis by the National Society of Hypnotherapists
- Ordained Minister through Universal Brotherhood since 1997
- Teacher’s certification “Joyful Child Parenting Training” with Peggy Jenkins, PhD author of The Joyful Child and Nurturing Spirituality in Children.
- Florida School of Construction, Licensed Florida Residential Contractor 1989-1992.
- Interior designer licensed State of Florida #ID4753
- Member ASID, IBD, SMPS from 1985-1993
- University of Florida, Graphic Arts and Interior Design